Monday, January 16, 2012

Another Resonance Structure of C60

Wikipedia has a resonance structure of C60 in its "Buckminsterfullerene" item. I made a bead model with color code according to this resonance form last weekend. Again one can see the interesing pattern of this resonance structure. Also white beads (or single bonds) form a long connected one-dimensional loop.
I also tried to make another resonance structure by only paying attention to the local condition. But at the last loop, I found that I couldn't satisfy the local condition any longer. So I used a red bead to show this frustration.

3 comments:

FreddyKot said...

Very good site you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any message boards that cover the same topics discussed in this article? I'd really love to be a part of community where I can get suggestions from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you!wholesale gifts and homewares

kristinahojholt said...

I wanted to write down a brief comment so as to express gratitude to you for the precious items you are giving here. My time consuming internet look up has now been rewarded with sensible facts and strategies to exchange with my relatives. I would assume that we visitors actually are extremely fortunate to be in a great site with many lovely people with useful hints. I feel truly blessed to have used your web site and look forward to plenty of more enjoyable minutes reading here. Thanks a lot once again for a lot of things.
buy homewares online

Daylene Gaines said...

Superb blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers? I'm hoping to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost on everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I'm totally confused .. Any ideas? Bless you!
car service voucher