Thursday, December 29, 2011

Poor little bear

I found in my iphoto library a few photos I took four years ago in St. Petersburg. I was one of four coaches of Taiwan team for the International Chemistry Olympiad(IChO), held in the Moscow State University. Our students got two gold medals and two silver medals after about 10 days of hard work in Moscow. We then went to St. Petersburg for another 3 days. St. Petersburg is a beautiful city. I wish I can visit it again someday.

Possibly nearby the winter palace square, I took these pictures of two ladies abusing a poor little bear.
The poor little bear was thrown into the sea (or harbor)!


Somewhere in St. Petersburg, I found accidentally a statue of the great Russian chemist, Mendeleev, and a huge periodic table on the wall of an adjacent house.

No comments: